SqlDbx Forum

SqlDbx

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-30 11:29:15

Francesco

Switched to SqlDbx 3.51.1 on W7 and now much slower to start

Hello,

I have just changed my PC. I used to have XP with SqlDbx 3.26. I have now installed 3.51.1 on W7. I access the same ASE DB, it is a large DB with 10,000 views, 20.000 procedures, etc. On the older version the startup is failry quick, in about 3 seconds the editor is ready. But with the new version it takes a much longer time, really very long until the editor is ready.

I tried deselecting "show table row count", but did not notice any difference (and it is checked in the older version).

I tried installing 3.26 on W7, but obtained still a very slow rensponse (like the new version)

My impression is that it takes longer to build the object lists on the left, bu I am not sure about this. During the long wait it is using a lot of the CPU.

Is this a known issue? Has anyone a hint to fix this?

Thanks!
Francesco

#2 2011-11-30 21:45:16

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Re: Switched to SqlDbx 3.51.1 on W7 and now much slower to start

The Windows version should not matter.
I suspect it has something to do with Open Client.
What about regular queries? Are they slower?
If you wish I can provide you with queries we run on connection to database to see which one takes a long time.
What version of Sybase you use?

#3 2011-12-01 05:56:35

Francesco

Re: Switched to SqlDbx 3.51.1 on W7 and now much slower to start

I must apologize. I was working with my old machine connected through Ethernet, while the new one was on Wi-Fi. I thought our wireless connection was fast, but when I switched and connected the new machine with the Eth cable, SQLDbx was fast again, indeed faster on the new machine! So all works fine now.
Thanks! and sorry again for the fuss.
Francesco

Board footer