SqlDbx Forum

SqlDbx

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-25 10:48:40

pbranch@riteaid.com

copy results

Seems like a small thing, but I always copied my DB2 table results and pasted it to excel with each column being automatically delimited.
Now its all one column, without a space or comma to separate easily in excel.  Drag.=|

#2 2014-09-25 18:43:16

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Re: copy results

Copying multiple columns from grid result into excel does put values in separate columns.
I am not sure how and from where you copy results.
Can you provide more information

#3 2015-04-09 07:17:16

baltyk100

I have the same problem as pbranch. Now when I copy my results from SQLDBX they are copied as TEXT and pasted data is in one line and not delimited.

I read a documentation and I think somehow I turn on the "Copy as Text" option and I don't know how to turn it off. In my copy special menu I have only two options "Copy column name(s)" or "Copy column name(s) and Types" and I don't have an option "Copy as delimited". I tried hundred millions combinations on my keyboard to change it, but without luck.

Please help me smile.

#4 2015-04-09 10:15:40

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Looks like you run old version.
Newer version has many copy options available under "Copy Special" including "Copy delimited"

#5 2015-04-09 12:06:30

baltyk100

Maybe, but my company would not allowed me to buy newer version smile. Few days ago everything worked just fine, seriously you don't have any suggestions what is wrong?

#6 2015-04-09 16:41:13

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

There's no such option to turn "Copy as Text" on.
I am not sure I understand what does it mean it worked couple of days ago?
You had option "Copy as delimited"?

#7 2015-04-09 17:34:15

baltyk100

No, there was no update in my version, week ago when I was copying data directly from the SQLDbx and paste it to Excel (it's not fault of Excel, because, when I'm pasting the data I have only option to paste as text) it shows no delimited rows. I don't know what changed, but I'm pretty sure that is something from program's perspective.

Board footer