SqlDbx Forum

SqlDbx

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-22 08:55:50

bsutton

Tables - Filter

I use the Filter on the Tables pad to check the progress of Data loading into SQL Server tables. This works great, but when I 'Refresh the Object List' the filter is removed.

Is there a way to make the Filter persist the the Object refresh

Thanks

Bill Sutton

#2 2015-10-22 22:12:02

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Re: Tables - Filter

It should and it looks that it does. Not sure why it resets in your case.
Can you provide more information.

#3 2015-10-23 10:49:27

bsutton

I am loading SQL Server tables, 60 million rows, and your program is an excellent way to check the progress. I set the filter to "Changed Today", so I see only the Tables I am loading. When I do 'Connection /  Refresh Object List', I am returned to an not Filtered list. I thought at one point I had it keeping the list 'Filtered', but have not been unable to duplicate the behavior.
Thanks for your reply. I am using the Free version, but will be purchasing the Professional version soon.

Bill

#4 2015-10-25 07:48:26

bsutton

Can anyone confirm this behavior, so I know I am not missing something obvious

Bill

#5 2015-10-28 05:33:52

geo

Just a thought...
Were you expecting to see only tables with changed rows or rowcounts? Because the Changed Today filter doesn't do that, it shows changed objects (DDL ALTER)
Dropping table indexes for some tables at the start of your ETL would bring only these tables into view, and rebuilding all indexes on all tables after load would bring all tables into view, giving the impression that the filter is off.

Board footer