SqlDbx Forum

SqlDbx

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-30 08:41:13

ptoniolo

"proc" as a keyword

You are doing something strange with the word "proc".
In Oracle, "proc" is not a reserved keyword, but if you use it as a variable name, your app has a strange behavior!

Try this:

create procedure foobar
as
   proc integer;
begin
   proc := 0;
end;
/

You get an error on the slash. If you use another word, you do not get any error!

#2 2016-09-12 05:41:47

ptoniolo

Re: "proc" as a keyword

Since I get no answer from the sqldbx team, I think I was not clear enough: "proc" is NOT a reserved word in Oracle.
The code in my previous post should compile without problems in Oracle!

Thanks

#3 2016-09-29 09:19:14

ptoniolo

Great! In the new 5.0 version of sqldbx this problem has been fixed.

Is there a reason why I do not get feedback from the sqldbx team when I signal a bug? It is the second time I do not get any feedback, but the bug is fixed in some following version.
I was expecting to get some "this issue will be fixed in he next version" or something like that...

Anyway, many thanks to the team.

#4 2020-11-01 12:47:03

CharlesPerry

Ktwniolo wrote:

Is there a reason why I do not get feedback from the sqldbx team when I signal a bug? It is the second time how to get rid of gyno I do not get any feedback, but the bug is fixed in some following version.
I was expecting to this issue will be fixed in he next version" or something like that...

EXECUTE Procedure
The EXECUTE procedure executes one or more OLAP DML commands and directs the output to a printer buffer. It is typically used to manipulate analytic workspace data within an interactive SQL session. In contrast to the RUN Procedure, EXECUTE continues to process commands after it gets an error.

Last edited by CharlesPerry (2023-09-19 07:03:11)

#5 2021-09-13 05:58:03

camytom

ptoniolo wrote:

Is there a reason why I do not get feedback from the sqldbx team when I signal a bug? It is the second time I do not get any feedback, but the bug is fixed in some following version.
I was expecting to get some "this issue will mk 2866 be fixed in he next version" or something like that...

i also have such kind of bug issues

#6 2021-10-29 05:50:57

lisagen

ptoniolo wrote:

Is there a reason why I do clenbuterol before and after not get feedback from the sqldbx team when I signal a bug? It is the second time I do not get any feedback, but the bug is fixed in some following version.
I was expecting to get some "this issue will be fixed in he next version" or something like that...

yes you're right this bug issue can be solved in another version

Board footer