SqlDbx Forum

SqlDbx

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-28 18:19:37

Martinabooker

Great Product, but a couple of questions / requests

Hi,

Is it possible to save your favorites so they persist between sessions? Also, I would love to have this favorites section repopulate with different objects as I switch between different databases/connections. I switch between many different connections and databases, many of the databases containing hundreds of storedprocs/tables etc so this would be a godsend for me.

Also, is it possible to keep the result set tied to the query window that created it, rather than having them independent of each other? ie if I run script 1 in results tab 1, then script 2 in results tab 2, i want to be able to click on script 1 tab and have it flick back to results tab 1 (to show the result set it created). This is the same functionality as SSMS

EDIT Sorry if this should have been in suggestions / feedback by the way

Last edited by Martinabooker (2009-03-28 18:28:28)

#2 2009-03-28 21:17:58

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Re: Great Product, but a couple of questions / requests

Favorites do persist between sessions. They attached to a specific connection, but currently there's
no way to share them between different connections. This behaviour probably will be changed soon.
We are getting quite a few requests to improve Favorites feature, for example ability to create
categories.
Result set can be tied to a script. Go to Options->Results page and uncheck Enable Multiple Result Tabs.
It's not exactly what you describe, but as close as possible right now.

Board footer