SqlDbx Forum

SqlDbx

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-08 12:54:03

jml

Export to Excel 07 - Add Ins ribbon missing

Using Version 3.51 (Personal Edition)
Oracle Server

When i export a query to Excel 07, it exports beautifully, but the Add-Ins 'ribbon' or tab in excel 07 is missing. Normally when i open Excel, the Add-ins ribbon is there.

Why does the SqlDbx export process cause the Add-ins ribbon in excel 07 to not load. I've looked for every setting i can and no luck. I often use the exported results to make a change in our ERP via excel add-ins. 

Does anyone know of a solution? Thanks!

#2 2011-11-08 13:21:17

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Re: Export to Excel 07 - Add Ins ribbon missing

What is ribbon Add-In. I assume it's not main Excel ribbon, but something which shows up in Add-Ins options. Is this correct?

#3 2011-11-08 13:30:12

jml

A ribbon is a tab in Excel 07.

Home-Insert-Page Layout-Formulas-Data-Review-View-AddIns

So my Add-Ins 'tab' is not there in excel 07 when i export...does that make sense?

#4 2011-11-08 14:06:20

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Yes it does. The reason it's not there is how Excel works. When you start Excel manually then it loads all installed and enabled add-ins automatically.
When Excel started through automation then add-ins are not loaded automatically.

#5 2011-11-08 14:25:10

jml

ok - so there is no way to get around this? Thanks for the quick replies.

#6 2011-11-08 14:43:06

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Currently it is possible to export data to Excel which was started manually, but only if you export table data.
If you start Excel and then right click on table name and select "Export Data to" you will see your Excel session as one of the choices.
I think it should be possible to extend same idea to exporting results grid data.

#7 2011-11-08 15:51:52

jml

Yes, you can export an existing table to an opened excel worksheet. However, the results grid 'export to' options do not have the same feature. Bummer.

Future enhancement?

Board footer