SqlDbx Forum

SqlDbx

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-31 11:49:51

jlipman
Systems Programmer Analyst, Sr.

Bug: 3.45 Script EXECUTE

It seems the Unicode version for 3.45 works properly, but for the non-Unicode version...

When I right click a procedure and select "Script EXECUTE", and that proc has arguments, it pops up the argument box like "Execute...", rather then pasting the script to the opened tab.

Jason Lipman

#2 2012-01-31 20:43:12

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Re: Bug: 3.45 Script EXECUTE

If procedure takes parameters then the window should pop up and ask for argument values.
Also I believe some improvements where implemented for scripting in one of the later versions.

#3 2012-05-02 16:20:23

jlipman

I can see that if there are arguments, the scripting works, but I would still like to have it for EXECUTEs that do not have arguments. Perhaps we are just grabbing the EXECUTE logic to paste somewhere else so we can run it later on the fly. I think there is value in having the ability to generate syntax quickly when I want it. In my opintion, it should not matter that there are arguments or not. smile - Jason

#4 2012-05-02 18:49:42

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Now you confuse me.
There's two option on a menu. One is "Execute ..." and second "Script Execute".

#5 2012-05-07 10:37:20

jlipman

The "Script Execute" Should paste a script into the window, correct? IE: EXECUTE dbo.sp_proc {args}.

If there are no arguments, it is not pasting. I would like the EXECUTE dbo.sp_proc to still paste, even if there are no arguments.

Jason

#6 2012-05-07 10:48:15

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

It should paste it without arguments too. What is your database?

Board footer