SqlDbx Forum

SqlDbx

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-03 18:05:29

singhnarender79

Row Count gets Hidden with Many Results Set

Hi,

I have been using Professional SqlDbx and had some Queries,

1. The Status bar shows the Results set tab on the left and on the right we see the schema name, time taken to run the query, result count. The information on the right is fine till the time someone has less result sets. However if more results sets are displayed like 20-25, then this information gets hidden.

How to get this information displayed always. Is there an option in v3.58?

2. Is there is shortcut to disable and enable to Row Count Limit Option. I could not find any. Please let me know the shortcut to quickly enable or disable this option. It is very tedious to go to tools option every time to change it.

3. The Active connection list is not updated if the password or other parameters for a connection is changed. It would be good if the password or some other connection parameter is changed, then the Active connection list is also updated.

4. On the left, there is a list of objects like Favorites, Tables, System Objects, Views, etc. Is there a way where I can choose which information is displayed there. For Example, If I want to only display tables list there, Can I do it?

5. When we drag and drop a table name, the script window only shows table name and not schema name plus table name. Is there anyway we can do it?

Last edited by singhnarender79 (2012-12-03 18:08:15)

#2 2012-12-03 22:15:41

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Re: Row Count gets Hidden with Many Results Set

1. I am not sure I understand what you mean by "someone has less result sets". Do you mean multiple result sets or multiple result tabs?
2. There's a toolbar button which allows you to toggle row limit on/off. It's located to the left of the run button
3. What is the password has to do with active connection list. Can you please provide more information.
4. Currently you can not do that, but we thinking about adding feature like this
5. Currently only name copied. I think we can add option to copy name with schema in a next release

#3 2012-12-04 11:55:50

singhnarender79

Thanks for reply. I found the on/off toggle limit as you mentioned. However would it be possible to add a feature to adjust the number of rows limit quickly as well.

Also, regarding other points,
1. I mean multiple results tab. So if you have like 25+, the information displayed on the right gets hidden. I don't see an option to add screenshots, otherwise I could have send you some to show what I mean here.
3. Let's say my SqlDbx is open and my password has expired for one of my connections. When I try to connect from Active connection list, I get a message "Passwrod has Expired". Now I go and change the password and update it in SqlDbx. Now, When I again try to connect, I get a message "Invalid Password". So it would seem that new password does not get updated in the active connection list. Now, to solve this I have to close and re-open SqlDbx.

#4 2012-12-04 12:41:59

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

It is possible to add feature like this. Will have to think about how to implement user interface for it.
1. Ok. I am able to reproduce this issue. Will be fixed
2. You do not need to close SqlDbx in this scenario. Just use "Connect As Different User" option from "Connection" menu or from toolbar and just change the password.

#5 2012-12-04 13:22:29

singhnarender79

Thanks for reply. I will try that next time. Any ideas when you would be releasing a new version?

#6 2012-12-12 13:25:31

singhnarender79

Also, I forgot to mention one more thing,

6. Normally in the SELECT statements the columns are listed in a drop down, however when using a function like DISTINCT, MAX, LENGTH etc, the column listing does not happen.

Could you please look into this.

#7 2013-03-29 11:59:55

singhnarender79

Hi,

Could you please look into my last request.

Board footer