SqlDbx Forum

SqlDbx

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-17 11:29:51

garbuya

Display results of cancelled query

Is it any way to display the fetched results of the cancelled query?

If you cancel your query today you will just get a message that query is cancelled by user. And even some data is already retrieved you cannot see it.

It would be nice to display what is already fetched.

For example: My rows limit is set to 10. I don't want to change it, because this is what I need most of the time.
Lets say I'm executing a long running query and expect back couple of hundreds rows. Obviously I will run it without any rows limit.
Something is wrong with my query, it retrieves tons of rows and I cancelled it after 20,000 rows retrieved.
So far I will get nothing! I have to open options, set limit to 20,000 and rerun query again!
And after this don't forget to open options again and reset limit to 10!
What a waste of time and resources!

Is it possible to display the retrieved rows? Or, at least, have an option to change the limit number in the toolbar? So instead of the enable/disable icon SqlDbx will allow to enter a real number: 0=no limit, anything else is a limit.

#2 2012-12-17 15:49:20

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Re: Display results of cancelled query

1. If SqlDbx received rows from database server and you cancel your query then incomplete results are available
2. In upcoming release there will be a change in how limit row functionality works

Board footer