#1 2014-05-06 12:15:15

garbuya

Bug in Speed Typing

I have these 2 shortcuts defined
aaatest1    hello
aaatest2    world

I need to type  WITH aaa AS     
How to do it?
As soon as i type WITH aaa  and press a space bar I'm immediately getting "WITH hello"

Why?
"aaa" is not defined as my speed typing shortcut
SqlDbx erroneously picks the first shortcut started with "aaa"

#2 2014-05-06 13:43:02

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Re: Bug in Speed Typing

I am not sure what is the problem.
When you type "aaa" you will see a list of two choices with the first one selected.
If you press space then the selected one gets expanded.

#3 2014-05-06 16:11:53

garbuya

ha-ha!
I do not have a shortcut named "aaa", so why anything is selected at all???

Did you try to type "with aaa as"??? How is it? Was it easy??
I'm getting "with hello" no matter what i do! Then you have to highlight, edit etc.

The problem is that you are using a space bar as a selection action. But what if i just want to type a space????

I'm just doing typing without looking on the screen and at the end -- what a surprise!!
Every time when I type something beginning with the same chars as my defined shortcuts and press space it is substituted with the wrong speed type.

here is another bug:
Undo does not work on the text inserted by speed typing

I guess, the solution would be to have a delay on pop up menu with choices instead of instant pop up. So if i need a speed type i will press space and wait, lets say, 0.5 sec, but if i just typing nothing will be selected.

This delay time can be set in options

Same story for pop up menu with column list -- wery often it just pops up when you don't need it.  It should also be a delay

Last edited by garbuya (2014-05-06 16:16:57)

#4 2014-05-06 21:02:11

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

If you do not want space to auto complete go to Tools->Options->Intellisense and uncheck space.

#5 2014-05-07 08:43:03

garbuya

It does not work -- i unchecked all and left only Tab and Enter in Tools->Options->Intellisense, saved changes and restarted app
I have 2 shortcuts
sla    SELECT * FROM ^ WHERE
slac   SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ^ WHERE
it is impossible just to type the word "sla" alone
As soon as I press a space or comma or dot or any of unchecked chars I'm getting SELECT * FROM ^ WHERE even with unchecked option
Again, I think, the solution should be a delay in pop up menu with timing as a parameter in Tools->Options->Intellisense
Even Windows have a customizable delay in pop up menus - when you move mouse on a menu item it expands only after 20ms delay and you can change this delay time if you want.

Last edited by garbuya (2014-05-07 08:54:35)

#6 2014-06-24 13:22:49

garbuya

Bug with the spacebar selecting Speed Typing even if it is unchecked in Tools->Options->IntelliSense still exists in new version 4.2
See my post above.
You cannot just type the word SLA and press a spacebar -- it will be substituted no matter what do you check/uncheck in Tools->Options->IntelliSense

#7 2014-06-24 18:23:25

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

This will be fixed in the next release

Board footer