SqlDbx Forum

SqlDbx

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-18 05:01:11

geo

Intellisense suggestion

This one's just nice to have... It would be handy if the table columns intellisense popup combo thingy would filter the list while typing (rather than scroll while typing)
E.g. typing .date could narrow the list to DateID and ArrivalDateID.
If this is not possible, perhaps you could make the list larger or give it a resize handle, which would make spotting columns in a long list easier.

#2 2014-06-18 20:28:37

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Re: Intellisense suggestion

Some form of filtering should be possible. Will have to take a look.
You also can use option to show columns sorted.
Go to Tools->Options->Intellisense and check "Sort Table Columns"

#3 2014-06-19 05:55:31

geo

Indeed. But I'm struggling with dimension tables with column names all beginning with the same words... e.g. table DimEquipmentProperty could have columns EquipmentPropertyID, EquipmentPropertyCode, EquipmentPropertyName, EquipmentPropertyGroup etc.

So you see how using lightning fast filtering would outperform column sorting. As I said: merely for the nice-to-have list, nothing more.

#4 2014-06-24 13:15:04

garbuya

I already offered some time ago to have a delay on a popup window. Most of the time it just annoying and interferes with typing.
The delay time in milliseconds can be customized in Options->IntelliSense.
So if you always use it, you set a delay to 0. But if you don't need it all the time you can set a delay to a half a second or so.
Disabling IntelliSense is not the same, as setting a popup delay.  Sometime you do really need it, but if you know what you are typing and don't want a popup delay will really help

#5 2014-08-12 09:03:20

garbuya

Please comment

#6 2014-08-12 21:50:52

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Currently no plans to do any changes except probably adding filtering

Board footer