SqlDbx Forum

SqlDbx

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-08 02:31:56

GoToMeeting User

Gotomeeting compatibility

SQLDBX seems to have a severe problem when working with the gotomeeting app [gotomeeting.com] When hosting a meeting, the host is running version 3.46 [db2 express-c 9.7.2] and it runs just fine. Now when I join the meeting from my XP sp3 machine, SQLDBX is the one single app I cannot take control of.

I am unable to even select the window, move the window, enter any text in the editor, select a menu  .. nothing. It simply refuses to interact at all with anyone that joins an existing meeting. It's a most frustrating problem for a great product.

I note that the new version 3.48 has a bug fix for ALT-TAB issues and I wonder if that has any bearing on whats going wrong on the host PC.

Any ideas as to what the problem may be ?

#2 2011-02-08 13:00:50

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Re: Gotomeeting compatibility

This is strange. We do use GoToMeeting and so far nobody experienced issue you describe.
Will have to investigate this a little further.

#3 2011-02-08 13:25:57

GoToMeeting User

Well anything I can do to help, let me know. Would be nice to get it resolved.

#4 2011-02-11 02:53:13

gotomeeting user

I have today received a response from gotomeeting support regarding this issue. The following is the email, point to rdp as the problem ?.
---------------
Hello

Thank you for contacting Citrix Online Global Customer Support.

I am very sorry for the issues you are having with our service. Some applications do not allow use via rdp.  We have the same issue with kapersky antivirus.  We have no workaround for this as it is how the program was intended to function.  You may want to speak with the software vendor for a solution.

Thank you,

Louis Manos | Citrix Global Customer Support Representative

Support for GoToMeeting https://www.gotomeeting.com/en_US/pre/support.tmpl

ref:00D05hvF.50003t4Ho:ref
------------------------------------
Is there anything that can be done to rectify the problem ?

Regards, Tim.D

#5 2011-02-14 16:31:52

gtomeeting user

So this reply means nothing ? What exactly is RDP ?

#6 2011-02-16 00:14:55

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

RDP is a remote desktop protocol. As far as I know we do have customers use different remote solutions without any problems. For example: Terminal Server, Cytrix, Remote Desktop, webex and gotomeeting. I do not believe above applies to SqlDbx.

#7 2011-02-16 02:26:55

gotomeeting user

All the same, I can promise you it doesn't work in this particular instance.

Board footer